Keyboard not working in X

Hi,

I've installed Fedora 7 a week ago and I have this strange issue:

after a few hours from the installation, whenever I log on KDE as root
the keyboard does not work properly. This happens always now.
A keypress is detected only after 3 seconds and the key is not repeated.
The keyboard works properly during login (username and password) but
inside X it does not.
There are no problems while in terminal mode.
The computer is a laptop, using its keyboard.

If I connect as user there are no problems.

I've tried with

1) stabdard packages
2) kernel recompiled from sources
3) boot in runlevel 5
4) boot in runlevel 3 and "startx"
5) Xorg.conf standard
6) Xorg.conf from my previous Fedora Core 5
7) I've installed all updates with yum

-> no difference.

I've uploaded some logs. I don't know what could be useful.

http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/messages
http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/dmesg.txt
http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/Xorg.0.log

Can anybody help me.