Re: Firefox 2.0

Boris Glawe wrote:
Karl Larsen schrieb:
I want to put the latest Firefox Browser on FC6 but a library fix I was told about is needed on FC6 as well. When I try to start Firefox I get:

libstandc++.so.5 not found. Then someone said yum another libXXX and when I did so on F7 it allowed Firefox to run. Please tell me again what to yum. I will write it down.

Karl

Did you try

yum --enablerepo=development update "*firefox*"
??

Maybe you tried to install the firefox of F7 instead of the version, that was compiled for FC6!?

This solution work for me!

Greets Boris

   Hi Boris,

No, I D/L Firefox 2.01 from the Firefox web page. It is the one they recommend for Linux. There is a lib file I need but don't recall it's name.

Karl