Re: F7 Warning on samba

antonio montagnani schrieb:
I had a PC that updated from FC6 to F7. On my network I used Samba to
share some directories (it is a mixed network)

This afternoon, after updating I have found that I couldn't share any
directory.....and I could not understand why.
I had a look at samba.conf file and I found that at the beginning of
some lines a ; had been added, I guess from the GUI in System/Server
Settings/Samba...is anybody else reporting same strangeness?? and in a
fresh installation I can't find it (I mean the GUI)
After removing ; everything worked

Maybe this does not help you, but I als had a strange change with F7.

The location of /etc/samba/smbpasswd moved to /var/lib/samba/private/smbpasswd.

Replacing the example smbpasswd in /etc/samba with the old one, had absolutely no effect, as the samba server expects it's configuration file in this strange directory. It's strange as it's not in the configuration directory /etc. As a consequence, it's not enough to backup /etc for a system update.

Greets Boris