Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
Hi All,

My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
Fedora?

             Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

  Jouk Jansen
joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd

I would point to security.

Does OpenSuse include SELINUX? I know some hate it but it is an extra level of security out of the box on a default installation.

Most IT people love the term security unless they are dealing with Management enforced Windows policies where it just means more and more work.

Due to a fiber cut, this is late.
--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.