Re: Dual head with different color depth

Chu Tan wrote:
I've a newer AGP card and an old 2mb ATI mach64 PCI card.

The best I could do is to setup the AGP at 24bit depth, while the PCI at
8bit depth, both 1280x1024.

However, my applications cannot move between the screens. I can move
icons on the desktop across, but not physical window frames.

Any suggestion?

My dual head works as you describe. Only the icons can be transferred from screen to screen. I thought this to be normal behavior for the server since there are two independent desktops.

Regarding your color depth limitation, I am not sure why one screen is limited to 8-bit. your Xorg.0.log may reveal clues as to wy the limitation on the one head.

Jim