Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 08:12 +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
Hi All,

My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a happy
Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should keep using
Fedora?
- First of all, Fedora tends to be "bleeding edge" in case this is a good thing for you.
- It incorporates SELinux, which is, IMHO, a great security tool
- It uses FOSS only for the base installation
- Has a lot of mirrors
- Gives you the ability to make your own repo with supported tools (which the university will love once it starts saving them bandwith
- Virtualization is the Fedora's second name
- That would make 'Network Install' the third?
- Great Clustering tools (Filesystem, heartbeat, etc) with documentation (RHEL docs)
- F7 incorporates the great 'Revisor' tool, which let's you customize your distro... almost Stupid Proof!
- It provides excelent documentation (RHEL Documentation and other projects work wonders with it)
- It has some nice support sites: fedoraunity.org, fedoraforum.org, etc
- NVidia and ATI driver support (try to coff or something while saying ATI)
- It can run on 192 mb or ram
- Small distro (on minimum install)
- It updates the kernel fairly often (better performance and stuff)
- It automounts everything you put into it!... almost
- Has some neat artwork? (try that on the artistic department)
- It offers most tools students need (OOo, some cientific tools, etc)

I think your best shot are documentation & support available, virtualization, clustering, revisor and repo tools.

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.
Did he really say this??? LMAO!!
--
Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Woralelandia