Re: Installation Problem For Xen -- NFS Install

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I'm getting these errors when I try installing Fedora 7 as a guest OS on Fedora 7 with the xen kernel running:

[root@bobcp4 ~]# /usr/sbin/virt-install
What is the name of your virtual machine? F7guest
How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 512
What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /home/rlc/xenbox1/F7guest
How large would you like the disk (/home/rlc/xenbox1/F7guest) to be (in gigabytes)? 8
Would you like to enable graphics support? (yes or no) yes
What is the install location? nfs:oracle.signtype.info:/home/orabig/Fedora-7-x86_64/F-7-x86_64-DVD.iso

Starting install...
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed:
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
libvir: error : configuration file syntax error: expecting a name
mount.nfs: mount point /var/lib/xen/virtinstmnt.GWe2ao is not a directory
umount: /var/lib/xen/virtinstmnt.GWe2ao: not mounted
ERROR:  Invalid install location

I think what it is trying to tell me is, it cannot install from an ISO image. Instead, the NFS location has to have an actual installation tree below it. Am I right?

Thanks

Yes I needed to actually copy the contents of the Fedora 7 DVD to a source tree on the NFS share. I'm learning! My guest OS is currently downloading 50 updates now.

Bob