Cloning an LVM, Booting It Over USB

Here I go again trying to work sideways with my friend LVM. Last night I spent several hours cloning my Fedora Core 5 system (residing on a 400 Gb hard drive) to a Western Digital MyBook Premium Edition ES 500 Gb external hard drive. I cloned this drive using the g4u software product over USB. There were some rather weird messages on netBSD bootup when it tried reading the MyBook drive, but g4u did seem to clone the source drive to the MyBook sucessfully. This process took several hours.

Now I would like to test whether I really did clone it successfully. The LVM I cloned is

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

I should be able to plug the MyBook into a USB slot on my other machine which is running CentOS 4.5. The CentOS installation has this LVM:

/dev/VolGroup25/LogVol24

My theory is I should now be able to boot FC5 over USB from the MyBook with no corruption of the LVMs, right? They will be seen as totally separate from each other? Is this correct or am I misunderstanding LVM in yet another way?

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA