Re: Do you use SELinux

Matthew J. Roth wrote:
There was recently an article about SELinux on Slashdot. The comments contain some useful ideas, including enabling SELinux in permissive mode. In permissive mode, security violations are logged but not enforced. This allows you to configure SELinux for your system prior to setting it to enforcing mode, which is a good alternative to simply disabling it as soon as it causes a problem.

Red Hat Boosts SELinux With RHEL 5 <http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/06/06/007218>

Thanks for the article.

I run it on my home machines as an added protection against the kids doing something strange. More of a just in case issue. It is in enforcing.

No real issues that I can think of. I did find that in a few cases it helped point to a problem that I was trying to trace.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.