Re: What gives ? Beagled was a PITA in FC6

William Case wrote:
Hi;

I purposefully did not install beagle in F7 because it was pain in FC6
( a resource hog, couldn't find anything, was always showing up when I
didn't want it).  A simple 'locate' command was more efficient.

Locate doesn't search metadata and hence not comparable.

Now is see beagle as listed as an autostart in my sessions manager and
see it associated with 'evolution'.  Do I really need it?  Has it been
fixed? How do I get rid of it?

Beagle is not even installed by default in Fedora 7. The beagle extension for Evolution is in a separate package and not a dependency of Evolution.

Rahul