F7 auto-rebooting unasked

Four of the machines I run are behind a KVM switch, and two of those have
no DVD drive -- nor have I managed to get either to boot from an external
USB DVD-drive.

So I used a live CD to install F7 on those two, and then did a series of
scp commands, chown commands, etc. (detailed in a post here by me a few
days ago) to tar up my home directory on my main machine (which is still
running FC6), copy the tarball to the DVD-less ones (and also btw to one
that I upgraded with a DVD), and untar it, etc., there.

Now I find that at least one machine is spontaneously rebooting! (I
suspect at least two are, but have only confirmed one so far.)

I boot up and log into that machine, and do something useful  -- like
bring up a browser with a bunch of weather tabs; KVM to another; do
things there for a while; and KVM back, expecting to find all the tabs
opened and loaded, ready to reload.

Instead I confront a login screen. When I do log in, the machine takes
its whole usual nine yards of time bringing up my panels, workspaces,
etc. And the browser I had opened is not launched.

I have also made sure that the screensaver does *not* lock my screen -- I
have no need of that feature, and therefore find it a mere superfluous
irritation. (No one else ever touches any machine of mine.)

So I'm pretty sure the problem (in at least the case where a problem is
confirmed) is actual full rebooting, not just a lock nor a logout.

No machine, all the way back to RH7, has ever done such a thing, iirc.

It is more than an irritation, since I often leave several tabs open on a
browser for days or weeks on end, including browsers that do not autosave
sessions.

Why is it happening? How do I make it stop??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User