Re: Fedora 7 FAQ - Draft for feedback

On 6/8/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

> You are getting too much into the bureaucracy. This has very little to
> do with the release notes which, by the way, has nothing regarding
> memory requirements for Live CD usage. If people do not read EULAs
> they're no going to bother to read the release notes. As a minimum put
> the requirement into the FAQ.

Release notes does specify the memory requirements and they are the
logical place for it. I don't see any reason to duplicate that
information across many places such as the FAQ or torrent sites. EULA's
are very different from release notes. If people don't read the release
notes there is no guarantee that they will read the FAQ either.

Rahul

The Release Notes do not get updated unless very faulty or critical
information needs to be modified or included. (I have first hand
knowledge with a submitted bug report which impacted F7. F7 Release
Notes were frozen in RC2 and nothing short of a critical problem would
get it modified.) A bug report may cause this information to be
included for F8. It does not help current users.

Regardless of where this information is placed, the intent of my
original posting was to find out what official source/document
provided the Live CD requirements. I, personally have no need for this
information, but what I have gotten so far, is a bureaucratic
run-around. It would be nice to have an authenticated source
disseminate this data.