Re: Do you use SELinux

Andreas Bernauer wrote:
a bc wrote on Thu, Jun 07 2007 at 22:13 (+0800):
how many of you activate selinux in fedora here? i know it will be more
security for the computer.
is it useful on a desktop computer? why does fedora 7 activate it as
default?

After I have wasted 2h tracking a "bug" that was only caused by
overly-restrictive SELinux policies, I disabled SELinux on my desktop.
On a server, there may be a reason to leave it on, but I don't see how
it helps me on my desktop more than it restricts me.

Andreas.

I as well left it on F7 on my laptop and it is a problem. So on this computer which is just a home desktop I opted not to turn on SELinux. It didn't want to do that but it worked.

Karl