Re: New User

On 6/7/07, ashmiel <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am brand new to linux and had a few questions.  I recently
installed FC7 and was wondering if there was any sort of command
line/gui based way of disabling my video card.  My reason for doing
so is that the video card fan is very old and makes alot of noise and
I generally just plan on booting the machine on and logging in
remotely.

I would just take the card out itself however I was hoping there was
a way I could do it just every time I log on that way if something
happens i can just reconnect the monitor without worries.

If this is possible and not highly ill advised i would appreciate any
help.

Thank you for your time

Check the BIOS to see if your computer will continue to boot without a
card installed. Since you are not interested in playing games or
viewing video you can replace your noisey card with a fanless one;
they're not that expensive.