Re: FC7 user dead

2007/6/8, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 21:56 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> what is strange is that if I log as root I find many processes still
> running under the sleeping user (i.e.gam_server, esd,
> bonobo-activation-server, nautilus)

I've seen that from time to time, on FC4 - FC6 (I haven't tried FC7,
yet).  Something doesn't quit when you exit, and it prevents them from
logging back in.  I'd go to a virtual console, login as root, and kill
off the processes one by one that should have been closed when that user
logged out.  That usually solved it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Tim, logging in a console doesn't solve the problem for a standard
user!!! his/her competence should not require these tricks...I am
running Fedora in a semi-production environment where I have
illiterated users
I experienced same problem that Joe Barnett describes very well.
And I did't follow what perry suggested because I had already deleted
the user and recreated him, recovering all data from backup: and I
hope not to have same problems during next upgrades (one is on his
way...)
In any case I am running Nvidia card but with standard driver (I had
not upgraded to close Nvidia drivers), and plenty of space.
I had a similar problem when upgraded from FC5 to FC6 on a standard machine...

Tnx to all

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag