Re: F7 system-config-display & ProSavage8 KM266/KL266

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 21:33 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I have a ProSavage8 KM266/KL266 and a generic 1024x768 monitor. X
> auto-configures itself and they work fine, except that they run at
> 800x600. Fc4 and 5 have run this hardware just fine at 1024x768. I can
> use system-config-display to set the monitor to a generic 1024x768
> monitor. However, I cannot then set the display itself to use
> 1024x768.

FC6 did the same sort of thing for me.  I had to manually pick a monitor
from the list, then my resolution settings were obeyed.  If it had a
generic or automatic monitor, it'd use the resolutions that it thought
were right.  I think the automatic options aren't very good.

Long ago, when it came to configuring X with unrecognised monitors,
you'd enter in horizonal and vertical frequency ranges, and X got
configured in a sensible manner.  Setting the number of X vs Y pixels,
alone, is not enough to configure the display.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.