Re: Where did lib64 directories come from

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Yes I have a 64-bit cpu but  technically why is this needed, can it be just
solved
with having all the 64-bit libs in /usr/lib?

Does this mean that if I have a 64-bit cpu that is not capable of supporting
ia32
then only /usr/lib will exist?

Thanks
Shams