Re: How to update in Fedora7

On 6/7/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 07 June 2007, Kam Leo wrote:
>On 6/7/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thursday 07 June 2007, Kevin Kempter wrote:
>> >Is yum still available in Fedora 7?
>>
>> yes, have pirut install it and yumex.
>>
>> >Is smart a better method? Are there others?
>>
>> yes, I like it better, a lot better for FC6, but so far I've not found a
>> config file that will run it against the re-arranged F7 repos.  And my
>> questions/requests for such a lashup have been so far ignored.  The
>> version shipped for F7 points at the devel branches only, aka rawhide I
>> guess.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Gene
>
>Gene, you must of missing my reply to your post in another thread. I'm
>surprised that it has not made it out of testing. Look in
>fedora/updates/testing/7/i386 for
>fedora-package-config-smart-7.8.1.i386.rpm.

Thanks Kam, I have the lappy (the F7 machine) booting right now.  Now if yumex
could get out of its own way... That thing isn't just slow, its been frozen
on primarysqlite.bz2 for a good 5 minutes now.  But it quit just as if it was
alive.  Pirut I don't know how to control, yum hangs if I enable that repo,
and smart doesn't know about it.

found it with yumex, installed it, but no new updates are showing in smart.
That seems odd.

--
Cheers, Gene

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/7/i386/fedora-package-config-smart-7-8.1.i386.rpm