Re: FC7 user dead

Antonio,

I've seen this happen as well, and it wasn't disk related for me either.  What I did find though was that there was a correlation between having esd enabled and the locking up on login.

Try editing:
.gconf/desktop/gnome/sound/%gconf.xml

in the user's home directory (from either root or a console login) and set event_sounds and enable_esd to false.  They try logging in again.

If this works please let me know...

Perry

--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston.  +1 703 362 9622 -=|