Re: No kernel removal by yum

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:24:43 +0100
"Paul Smith" <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Is it possible to program yum so that no kernel is removed when a new
> one is installed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

FRom a previous message:

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to maintain backup kernels?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:37:13 +0200
Sender: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday 31 May 2007 16:56, Paul Erickson wrote:
> The latest FC6 kernel update is having problems with the Nvidia
> drivers, so I am running on the
> previous one. How can I maintain more than one backup kernel? I have
> tried finding the answer via
>  google, but so far, no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --

> cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt@xxxxxxxxx

In a text editor as root go to /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf .

Change "enabled=1" to "enabled=0" . Henceforth all kernels will be
saved. You should be able to specify the number of kernels to save
using "tokeep=x", but I saw that someone had a problem with that, so
I'd just change "enabled=" to 0

Nigel.