Re: FC7 - install question

bruce wrote:
Hi..

Does FC6 allow for install via CD, does FC7 allow for install via CD as
well. I've seen a few articles/msgs that seem to state the FC7 is only on
DVD...

Thanks..

FC6 does have CD ISOs for installation. F7 does not. The best way to handle doing an F7 install without a DVD drive is to download the DVD via bittorent, burn the rescue ISO to CD and either do a disk based install with the DVD ISO image, make the DVD image available vie NFS/HTTP/FTP or do the install with one of the F7 mirrors (not particularly recommended if you have a slow or unreliable link.)

I'll be glad to help you offline with this, since I've done several installs/upgrades this way the last week or so.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support