F7: Evolution kills Nautilus or vice versa

Greetings,

since the weekend I'm running F7 on my thinkpad, I have to use the
vesa driver, since the ATI driver is not working, but that's another
story.

I experience occasional hangs of evolution, when it's not responding
and the graphics won't update. This goes hand in hand with Nautilus
hanging (the icons on the desktop vanish).
Has anybody seen the same behaviour and knows a solution to this problem?

Regards
Chris