ecs amd690gm-m2 no go F7 ?

This motherboard seems to have trouble loading the latest kernel. It stops very early on about the time is says pnp unstable, or the first net reference.

Anyone else tried it or similar?

I am seeing similar troubles on a Dell Inspiron laptop 9400 after upgrading the BIOS to version 8.

I will try and post more detail tomorrow when I can be sitting in front of the systems in question.

I am just asking generally if these are the same types of kernel mishaps others are seeing. No register dumps, no timers, just hard hangs at random spots early in the kernel load.