Re: F7 install from DVD iso -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
> I created /etc/exports containing only the following line:
>
> /media/iso      *(ro)
>
> Then I get:
>
> exportfs
>
> /media/iso      <world>

So far so good.  The servr seems to think that it is exporting /media/iso.

> "That directory could not be mounted from
> the server."

This is a client side error message.  Can you mount the directory by hand?

mount -t nfs server:/media/iso /mnt

(have you looked at the messages in F3 and F4 consoles?  You can try
things in the F2 bash console if you need to.)

> I did service nfs restart  after making changes ...

Which shouldn't be necessary since exportfs told you what you wanted to see.

> I'm still missing something?

Probably, but you haven't provided enough information.  If you are
typing an nfs pathname into the installer, it must match exactly to the
path that you are exporting.  Its been almost 10 years since I've done
an MFS install, so I no longer remember what the path is you are
supposed to type into the installer.  I seem to remember that you can
point directly at the .iso image, but I no longer remember if you must
export just the ISO image or the directory which contains it....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx