Re: Yum problem

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 23:16 -0700, Paul Erickson wrote:
> For some reason I am having trouble with yum on one of my FC6 boxes.
> It is an older, slower machine, but I don't have any trouble browsing
> the web on it, but yum is very very slow, and when I try to update or
> install on it, I keep getting error messages like the following.
>
> # yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Downloading header for cups to pack into transaction set.
> http://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca/core/updates/6/i386/cups-1.2.8-1.fc5.i386.rpm:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Content-Type: text/html

You have tried several mirrors resturning 404 errors - those servers
didn't have the requested file, at the address the client requested it.
This happens from time to time, thanks to mirrors being out of sync (not
being ready).  Eventually yum should find one that's okay, but sometimes
you might have to try a few times, or wait a while for the mirrors to
finish sorting themselves out.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.