Re: KVM and Virt Manager Problem

On 04/06/07, John Pierce <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello!

I have been trying to install windows xp pro in a virtual machine and
have bumped into a problem.  I create a virtual machine in virt
manager and the installation starts fine, goes through the formatting
of disk space and copies files.  When the virtual machine reboots the
first time it loses the cd/dvd drive and windows cannot continue.  I
have also tried from an iso image and it does the same thing.

I have googled around for it and have not found anything like it yet.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Are you using Xen, or QEMU ?