Re: What is this web site trying to do?

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:54:37 -0400
linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This favicon.ico error happens a lot both internally and
> externally what would be causing this? I have nothing on my
> pages that would be pointing a browser to a favicon.ico
> file or image.

Many web browsers (including Firefox) automatically look for and download a
favicon.ico file if one exists in the root directory of your website.  That's
the little doodad graphic that appears in your location bar beside the site
name.  For example, if you go to my website:  http://www.melvilletheatre.com
you will see a little film reel in your location bar.

If you don't have one, make one.

Here is a good explanation of what it is  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

Here is how to make one with gimp:

http://www.linuxproblem.org/art_19.html