Re: What kernel # is Fedora 7 running??

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 20:26 -0700, Randy Forston wrote:

> I swacked my grub during a (re)install of Fedora 7.
> My fault, and I've recovered/fixed everything else, except Fedora.
>
> Can someone, please, tell me the CURRENT kernel number Fedora 7 is
> running????

I'm not running it, so I can't provide a *direct* answer.  But, you can:

      * Look at a download site, and see what kernels are on offer.
      * Boot into another working Linux system, and list the contents of
        your /boot partition.
      * Start booting but go into the GRUB menu and play with a GRUB
        command line, entering configurations by hand, or temporarily
        modifying an existing entry, using tab completion to find the
        kernels.

I've done those things, in the past, to resurrect a borked system.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.