Re: iwl3945 on a Dell Inspiron 6400

On 6/2/07, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/06/07, Agustin Barto <abarto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/2/07, Brian Millett <bmillett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Agustin Barto escribío:
> > > I can't get the wireless to work on my Dell Inspiron 6400 with F7. It
> > > worked just fine on F6 with the ipw3945 module (and regulatory
> > > daemon). Also, the killswitch doesn't work and dellWirelessCtl doesn't
> > > seem to be working either.
> >
> > Was this a clean install?  Or an update?
> >

> Clean install.

Are you using networkmanager? I too have been fighting with this this
afternoon. Two things i did which seemed to kick it into life  in
system-config-network were firstly to probe for the MAC address - I
don't know why, but s-c-n always gets the MAC address wrong until you
tell it to probe it (which plays havoc when you have mac address
access limiting on your AP), and also I set the wireless device to be
in "Auto" mode rather than "Master". Again, no idea why s-c-n
defaulted to Master.

I'm not using NetworkManager (yet). Changed it to managed and used my
wifi network configuration. Didn't work either.