Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Last time, though, for FC6, the thing flatly refused to
install from a hard drive or the network.

I've got a few really old systems (ppro-150 and p-II) that are
 resistant to any simple installs too.  This systems are too
old to boot from CD, DVD or usb.  I found that ripping the
hard disk out and putting it in a more modern system is the
easiest way to install Fedora on it.  (In fact I'm watching
the install of F7 on the P-II's disk finish as I type this.)

-wolfgang

Just curious - Wouldn't you have hardware detection problems ie
installing newer hardware drivers that are not on the older computer?