Re: Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Yes, you can install from the LiveCD.  You can then install the missing packages you want/need afterwards via yum or whichever front-end for it you prefer.

The other option is to use Pungi and the livecd-tools to roll your own customized respin and choose the packages you want.

On 6/1/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:

> >> The "Fedora" spin doesn't have CD equivalent but there is GNOME and KDE
> >> based Live images available from the torrent and mirrors.
> >>
> >> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >>
> > What then does the Release notes mean insection 2.2.1 Spins by:
> > "A regular image for desktops, workstations and server users"?
>
> I wrote that release notes and I referred to Fedora regular DVD image.
> Is there any contradiction?
>
> Rahul

It is not so much a contradiction but the absence of a clear statement
of how people without DVD drives can install Fedora 7?

People keep asking but no clear answer is offered. Is it a Live CD that
downloads the system from somewhere ore what?