Re: Display problem of fedora 7 on IBM A21p thinkpad

Thanks for the help.

However, what should I do after the installation? I have installed
ubuntu on the computer, but I still have the display problem. I need
to know how to fix this problem after I install the fedoar on the
computer.

Thanks

Frank

On 6/1/07, Benjamin Lewis <ben.lewis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

stan wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:54:58 -0700
> "frank wang" <yixiaodafang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that my firse email did not send out. If this is a duplicate,
>> I am sorry.
>> Since I am desperately need some help, I resend here.
>>
>> I have burned a livecd of fedora 7 and the cd works fine with my new
>> desktop. However, when I try to run the livecd on my IBM A21p thinkpad
>> with 512MB RAM. The display is screwed up. It has two displays, each
>> takes about half screen. I have the same problem with ubuntu 7.0.
>> Since I hope fedora 7 will fix this problem and I wait until the
>> release of fedaora. The display card is ATI mobility 128.
>>
>> Could anyone tell me how can I fix this problem? Without the display,
>> I could not install fedora on this computer.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I don't know if this will work, but you could get the rescue_CD image.
> It is much smaller and I saw in another thread that people were able to
> do the install from it as well (via the network).

Yes, that is possible

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador