Re: How to move desktop settings from FC6 to F7?

Pavel Lisý wrote:
Hello

Is there any recommended solution how to move desktop settings from FC6
to F7.
I am making new installation every time (with new Fedora) on new
partition on my home PC. Making new desktop setup is not problem for me
but my wife is really disappointed when she have to reset everything
each half year. Is it now any known solution of this problem?
Can I move setting of evolution, firefox and gnome desktop (preferred
apps, removable media, keyboard shortcuts, ...)

One way would be to have a separate partition for /home. Then during each installation you mount this partition as /home, but DON'T reformat it. Following installation simply recreate the user accounts (with the same UID as before) and there you go. The user area is the same as before.

Chris

Thanks in advance

Pavel