Re: F7 thinks I got SCSI disks.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
After having booted the F7 installation DVD and entered my language and keyboard choices I get a warning box saying I got more than 15 partitions on /dev/sdb and that the SCSI subsystem in the Linux kernel does not allow that.

The are two problems in this. First: I do not have SCSI disks on my system, I have two IDE disks of 120 GBs each. Secondly: I have 16 partitions on /dev/hdb which have never posed any problem for me, in fact I have /var on /dev/hdb16 and my FC5 has be rock stable.

I think what you are seeing is 'correct' and is due to changes in how devices are handled in the kernel. hda disks do become sda ones. A quick google search for this brought up this thread for instance

http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14

I'm not effected by this, so I cannot offer any help. But I'm sure others on this list can.

Chris