Re: "Loading pata_it821x driver" never ends, F7 installation

On 6/1/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am trying to install F7, but the process seems
> deadlocked when

> > Any ideas?
>
> In addition, I have just checked that my F7 dvd is
> well recorded,
> since the sha1sums match. Since the installation dvd
> will never be
> changed, will I have to wait for F8 to see this
> nasty problem solved?

Sometimes you have to be patient.  The same thing
happened to me with the F 7 Test 2 DVD.  The process
appeared to hang and asking for
pata_amd.  I got a kernel panic and I thought to
myself, this is doomed.  I left it for a while came
back and the installation was successful.  Give it
some time, go burn some time come back and hopefully
it goes through, if it does not work, please report
back.

Thanks, Antonio. I have been patient and I have tried to install F7 a
dozen of times at different moments, but the reported problem
persists. An installation dvd that does not install anything is an
useless installation dvd. I was not expecting such a thing from
Fedora, to be honest.

Paul