Re: FC6 and F7rc2 poweroff problem on server HP ML110

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 13:05 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> when I push the poweroff button or I run poweroff, the system start the
> shutdown procedure, but when the system is Off, after 2 or 3 seconds it
> restart!

I used to suffer that, with FC3, I think.  For one of my computers I had
to change APM/ACPI BIOS settings, and play with kernel parameters
related to power.  Fedora would reboot instead of shutdown, but the halt
command in GRUB would shutdown the box.  There's different ways of doing
a powerdown.

Have a read through:
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.