x86_64 Vs. i386

Ok, now that FC7 is about to be released shortly I am going to upgrade from FC6 X86_64 to FC7. My question is, is it worth going with the x64_86 version? Although I never tried the i386 version on this hardware I found that I had a lot of grief with internet plugins on the 64 bit architecture and noticed that everything seemed to treat the hardware as a dual processor machine (eg no single process would take more than 50% of the total CPU).

So what's the advantage of using the 64 bit OS anything? I don't run that many CPU intensive applications, my use consists of the vast majority of use being internet browsing, email, word processing.

Right now I'm leaning towards the i386 version, any reason not to?
suggestions, comments?

TIA Jeff