Re: from FC7-test to FC7-final

enrico marello wrote:
Hi all,
it's a month that I'm running without big problems a FC7 test4.
Tomorrow will be the great day, so I have just switched enabled from 0 to 1 for official repos and from 1 to 0 for development repos. That's all, right? (obviously including a yum update...) Only a doubt: I read in the announcement that "It is highlighted by the elimination of the distinction between Fedora Core <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core> and Fedora Extras <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras> entirely; there is only Fedora". This change won't affect the repos, right? Because I can still see in my repos list fedora-core and fedora-extras.

The recommended path is to do a clean installation but if you want to yum update it would be better to get the fedora-release and fedora-release-notes RPM packages from the general release of Fedora 7. Install it simultaneously and then run yum update.

It sets the repository information correctly including eliminating the separate repo files for Fedora Core and Fedora Extras and has the updated release notes which includes important information.

Rahul