Re: New Mouse Install sans system-config-mouse

Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/fc5/#id2947593

Rahul

Hi Rahul,
   Thanks for the pointer.  Too bad about config mouse.  It appears
that since just plugging in a different type mouse makes the mouse go
wild, (thinks the right mouse button is pressed all the time), the
solution becomes figuring out what to put in xorg.conf manually.
I still have hope for the using kudzu in remove the mouse, reboot,
add the new mouse and reboot again although I will not get to
try it till tonight.

You don't have to reboot. You can run kudzu manually in the command line. Maybe move the profile in /etc/sysconfig before you do that too. If the mouse doesn't just work without any fiddling whatsoever that's really a bug.

Rahul