Re: I love IP Tables....

From: "David G. Miller" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm a currently unemployed (I call it "trial retirement") geek. I put together my own network as a hobby and to learn networking. I am constantly amazed at how useful Google is for finding all of the arcane things that people need to know in order to do more than just have a client connection. The trick is to start paranoid and only open things up once you're sure that you know what you're doing. This list is also invaluable for that although you will probably get ten different (and all correct) answers for any questions you ask.

Yeah, I tried when I burned out at <mumble>. 3 years or so later I was
back working as a consultant writing software from home. It's a blast
that way. I can't stand doing nothing. And unfortunately I am not a
social butterfly who has fun pestering other people all the time. So....

{^_-}    Work keeps me alive. I work therefore I am.