Re: Press reports regarding "SB/BadBunny-A" virus

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> | > The right fix is to the macro feature of Open Office.
> |
> | Find a bug, fix the bug.
>
> As I understand it, the macro features of Open Office are insecure by
> design.  So this isn't a bug, it is a (mis)feature.  I quote the

Then one has to understand that the macro feature of MS as well as OO are on
par.  I've not received very many spreadsheets with macros, but I recall
that OO does come up with a dialog box warning you and you have to press OK.
 So, the advice previously given is accurate.  Along the lines of Caveat Emptor.