Upgraded FC4 to FC5 - no access to internet

> Hi,
> > Does FC5 come with a default ipchains or firewall setup that may be
> > preventing me from accessing the internet?
> >
> > Any other ideas?  I'm sure I'll need to provide more info but not sure
what
> > to provide at this point, so I'll wait for requests for more info.
Thanks!

> My first guess would be that something went wrong with the dns. Check,
> if you are really not connected to the internet (ask your router) and
> check, if you can ping a common internet adress (72.14.221.99,
> Google.com). If yes, have a closer look at /etc/resolv.conf, if there
> are any dns entrys.
>
> Best Regards,
> Florian
>

> Thanks for the quick reply, looks like you're spot on.
>
> FC5 box can successfully ping 72.14.221.99.
>
> Here's my /etc/resolv.conf:
>
> search phildomain
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> "phildomain" is my home network domain name.
>
> Next steps?  Thanks again for your time.

I copied the DNS1, DNS2, and DNS3 addresses from my router settings into the
FC5 network admin gui, and also copied the ISP's domain name from the router
settings into the FC5 network admin gui, saved the settings, restarted the
network service, and FC5 now has access to the internet.

Why didn't FC5 pick them up automatically?  Will I have to do this the next
time I re-boot?

Thanks again for your time.