Re: FC-7 ?

On Mon, 28 May 2007 18:38:03 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
[...]
> The world won't collapse if they push out the date.  However, it may if
> they push it out before it is ready.

Strength to their arms, patience to all our souls, and may they get
everything possible right the first time. I'm with you there, right down
the line.

> I'm curious, why the rush for FC7?  Are the bits you have from FC6 going
> stale?

Here's one example why -- and it's not exactly a "rush," as you'll see.

I will be upgrading several machines (six or eight), of which at least
one has no DVD drive. That means downloading and burning a stack of media
-- a job I'm not good at. It can easily cost me a day, even with
bittorrent, to have sufficient *working* media.

The upgrades, with testing after each, and then scp-ing all my tweaks if
I do a fresh install, also take a while -- especially the one that'll
require swapping out a lot of CDs.

Getting used to all the new stuff, while fascinating, is sure to take
another while -- even if I hold off a week or so for others of greater
competence to find and fix trivia.

Yet I also have a life. I don't want to schedule a day or three of other
things, including promises to friends, just when I can expect to be
busiest here; nor vice-versa.

So I'm not in a hurry; but I do want to know, the further ahead the
better, when the changeover is apt to come.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC 6; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.129; Privoxy 3.0.3;