Re: Wifi

Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> There is no reason to write them down.
>
> Just put them in /etc/rc.local and let the system do "the right thing".

If he does it the right way there is no need to put anything in
/etc/rc.local.  If this is the second interface he is bringing up all
that should be needed is to edit
/etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-ath0.  If this is his first
interface he'll probably have to edit /etc/sysconfig/network too.

The easiest way for a newb to do this is to use system-config-network.
That program tends to trash other files (like /etc/hosts), so I try to
avoid running that program if I can.

-wolfgang
Hints for IPv6 on FC6 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html