Re: I love IP Tables....

From: "Michael Klinosky" <mpk2@xxxxxxxxx>

Even tho /some/ of the technical stuff eludes me, I've tried to follow this thread.

I set up ssh for myself (I own the machines); I haven't yet actually made a connection (probably will this weekend).

I'd like to know what threats exits for ssh - are there webpages that discuss this? I *thought* that using an arbitrary port and putting 'AllowUsers ...' into sshd_config would handle these things (along with a password other than 'abcd' :) ).

At the moment ssh is considered to be safe. Periodically bugs are reported.
So I figure that it is prudent to be multiply covered.

{^_^}