Re: Strange effect with sound card

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 04:05 -0400, Franck Y wrote:
> I have a strange behaviour with my laptop (Ferrari 5000).
>
> I installed the FC6. Nealy everything was correct but the sound.
>
> The thing is i hear nothing, execpt when i put the heaphone,and when i
> put the hearphone, i just hear the right side of the heaphone.

Obvious questions:  Do the headphones work correctly when plugged into
something else?  Do the headphones plug into the laptop headphone socket
fully?  Do other headphones work with the laptop?

I hate 3.5 mm headphone connections with a vengeance.  They, often, fit
rather badly, and some are manufactured with dimensions that just don't
suit other connectors.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.