Re: New Dell Inspiron 9400: From Vista to Fedora/Vista.

I have to say, this is wrong. It may have once been true. I just used the gparted distro to do this very thing - see my earlier post.
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/documentation.php

This is a light fast download and it definitely will allow you to resize an NTFS partition as clearly shown in their documentation available from the above page

I'm also remembering now that one of the reasons stock partition tools would not handle NTFS in the past was the sensitivity to MS patents / copyright on NTFS - something that Fedora/RH avoid but some other distros disregard. That's the same reason you don't get your Windows file partitions mounted by default on stock Fedora/RH install and other distros do. So I'm curious as to how gparted is now OK w/ carrying NTFS code.

Mark