Re: Evolution crashed, won't restart (FIXED, if not exactly solved...)

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

On Tue, 22 May 2007 22:44:48 -0400 (EDT)
Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a lock file someplace that needs to be deleted?  Or something
else?  Is ./.gconfd/saved_state the key, and if so, how can it be safely
repaired?  Can I repair it without losing data?

Anything in /tmp ?

I had the same problem just yesterday with Sylpheed; it crashed for no apparent reason (first time I've seen that) and wouldn't load again until I deleted a file named sylpheed-something-or-other in /tmp

There is a socket in /tmp for evolution. I deleted it but still wasn't able to restart evo. I logged out, deleted everything in /tmp, and restarted. After that, it did finally start after I walked away for a while. I'm not sure if it's the removal of the tmp files or just the wait that did it though.

It seems that the hang on start happens when I try to use the Exchange global address book. More research needed, then I'll be back with some other issues...

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu