Re: Checkbox for "Install Everything"

Tim:
>>> As it gets occasionally pointed out.  It never did install everything,
>>> and can't.  It's unavoidable that some things don't go together.

Matthew Saltzman:
>> Yes, I know; you've taken my quote out of context.  I meant, make the
>> "complete install" button act as though the person had right-clicked on
>> each group and selected all optional packages.

No, it's in context.  It didn't install everything, and didn't behave as
if you'd ticked everything in sight in the selection GUI.

Tom Horsley:
> Which brings up the obvious question: Why are rpms included on the
> distribution media which *aren't* installed if you right click everything
> and select all optional packages?

Because they *can* be installed *somehow*, if you want to.  All of this
harks back to why "everything" disappeared:  It didn't do what the label
suggested, and it wasn't possible to.  You (supposedly) get the
alternative that does what the user expects:  Installs what they
actually select.

And for those that can't accept that, you can write your own doodah for
putting everything onto the box.  If you're that obsessive that you need
everything to do whatever special tricks you need to do, you ought to be
good enough to write something that lets you do it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.