Re: Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

Hi;

Another 2¢, now that I have my email client working again.

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 09:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
[snip]

> > >What the blue blazes does that mean?
> > >

> > What it stands for is the first letter of each word in "There ain't no such
> > thing as a free lunch"
> >
> I've known the saying for as long as I can remember, though I don't recall
> ever seeing the acronym before.
>
> Actually, I deplore the use of long acronyms that frequently mean little or
> nothing to the reader.
>
> Anne

IIWK (If I were king), I would like to see a Linux universal autocorrect
program akin to aspell.  Acronyms are easy to type; hard to read.  I
would like a facility to type in acronyms that automatically got
replaced with the full phrase and could translate acronyms in any email
or file into their full language.

Certainly beyond me; but obviously not beyond the creative abilities of
some Linux programmer types.  Dictionaries of acronyms already exist,
favourite acronyms could be added.

--
Regards Bill